Responsible for educating our customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu and answering questions to help our customers craft their beverage. Barista will utilize café equipment to create beverages to company specs and customer request. This position will also include additional tasks such as cashiering, side work, etc.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, sweets, or bagels.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Take customer orders and convey them to other employees for preparation.
- Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
Safety and Sanitation:
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Clean service areas.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
Additional Job Functions:
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the C-Man Management Team.
- Other functions as deemed necessary by circumstance.
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at-risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, bend and reach to stock shelves.
- Must be able to lift/ carry packages up to thirty pounds.
- Requires work with hot, sharp and potentially other dangerous equipment.
- Excellent guest service
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.