The Food/Café Cashier position is focused on positive guest service and is responsible for successfully completing the financial transaction with the guest and maintaining the balance of the cash drawer at all times. The Food/ Café Cashier receives guests orders and completes orders for Café items, including beverages, as well as ice cream items.
- Maintain a positive attitude and smile
- Greet guests as they enter and exit the building
- Must be familiar with all menu items and pricing to effectively complete financial transactions and answer questions from guests.
- Receives and executes orders for café and ice cream items, including but not limited to: espresso drinks, bakery case items, ice cream scoops and frappes.
- Successful use a cash register, maintain knowledge of processing a credit card and performing credit card transactions
- Utilize math skills for counting money and providing correct change
Safety and Sanitation:
- Maintain an organized, neat and clean cashier station
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Ensures food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Completes daily temperature logs
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
Additional Job Functions:
- Stock service areas with paper goods, condiments, beverages, and food items as needed
- Monitor theft in the location and report incidents to managers
- Assist with daily functions in the kitchen, food court, or diner during down time
- Ability to understand and follow directions given by management
- Report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
- Cross-train at other positions in the location
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have the ability to multitask and solve problems
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the C-Man Management Team.
- Other functions as deemed necessary by circumstance.
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at-risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, bend and reach to stock shelves.
- Must be able to lift/ carry packages up to thirty pounds.
- Requires work with hot, sharps and potentially other dangerous equipment.
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent guest service.