To provide friendly and efficient service to the customers of the General Store. To collect cash payments from customers and make change, and charging purchases to customer’s credit or debit cards and providing them with a receipt. To help maintain a fully stocked general store and clean working environment.
Provide Excellent Customer Service:
- To greet customers as they walk in the store.
- React appropriately and positively to all customers’ needs and requests.
- Answer customers’ questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
- Ensure top notch and friendly customer service.
- Proficiently request and check for appropriate age identification.
Handle cash flow responsibly:
- Use of Point of Sale (POS) system to complete customer sales.
- Responsible for counting drawer at beginning and end of shift and documenting over/shortage.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
Maintain a stocked and clean working environment:
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new merchandise when needed.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be replenished.
- Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- Bag and stock ice as needed.
- To know all emergency fuel procedures.
- Ensure safe use of all equipment on premise.
- Other functions as deemed necessary by circumstance.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, bend and reach to stock shelves.
- Must be able to lift/ carry packages up to thirty pounds.